The Olive And Rosemary Bread is the easiest bread you can make, if you liked our Pear Bread recipe, then you will love this recipe.
- 1/2 c Brown rice flour (see note)
- 1 1/2 tbs Granular yeast
- 2 tbs Sugar
- 1 1/4 c Warm water (110 degrees F.)
- 4 lg Egg whites
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 12 Oil-cured black olives,
- 4 tbs Dried rosemary, or to taste
- 1 Egg yolk mixed with 1/2
- 1 large Garlic clove, peeled, cut in
- -3 pieces 1/2 c Corn flour (see note)
- 1/2 c Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp gelatin powder
- 1 To 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Stir together 1/2 cup of the rice flour, the yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup of the warm water in a 2-cup glass measure.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes till the volume gets doubled.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and draw two 8 inch circles on it.
- Beat egg whites lightly, add olive oil, chopped olives and 2 teaspoons of the rosemary set aside.
- Combine garlic and egg yolk set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 cup rice flour, the corn flour, corn- starch, gelatin powder and salt in bowl.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup warm water to egg white-olive mixture a stir into flour.
- Stir in yeast mixture and beat until smooth.
- Cover loaves with lightly greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Discard garlic and brush egg glaze over loaves.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 teaspoons rosemary. Using a razor blade, slash tops of loaves into a large diamond grid pattern.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until well browned. Makes two 8-inch diameter, 11-ounce loaves.
Note: Brown rice flour and corn flour may be found in some health food stores.