The Pear Bread is a very seasonal bread, that is made depending on the availability of the pear fruit. If in your area pear is available you must definitely try this out.
- 2 c All-purpose flour unbleached
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 c Brown sugar packed
- 2 tbs Vegetable oil
- 1/4 c Honey
- 3 tbs Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbs Lemon rind grated
- 1 c Pears unpeeled chopped
- 3/4 c Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour in the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt set aside.
- Beat the egg, egg whites, brown sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the honey, applesauce and lemon rind and beat again.
- If the pears are not juicy, add a few more teaspoons of applesauce.
- Stir the flour, pears, and raisins into the batter by hand just until combined.
- The batter will be dry. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- The crust may crack. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
If you have any doubts feel free to contact us here.