If you liked our, Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe then you will love this blueberry bread.
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed, ripe bananas (about 2 medium sizes)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- On wax paper sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl of electric mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add a few eggs, 2 bananas, cream and blended them well.
- Gradually blend dry ingredients at low speed and continue beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour in blueberries and pecans.
- Take out batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until golden on top and cake tester in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in pan.
- Slice and serve toasted with butter. Store in refrigerator.